Helpful Tips for Using Reagents
Setting up with automated testing system
Simply pour ABC Reagents into the containers of your automated testing system, then proceed with the calibration procedure of your choice.
Calibration Options: The reagents will need to be calibrated if using an automated testing system
We have found that using a calibration solution to calibrate the reagents adds an unnecessary variable of inaccuracy. Therefore, for best results, we strongly recommend the “tank water method” of calibration. Most users know the values of their aquarium using their own manual test kits of their choice, that they trsut. This method is easier to implement (no removal of sample line), and we have found to be more accurate than using any calibration solution. With that said, using our provided calibration solution will still work, but may not be as accurate.
- We do provide a calibration solution, but do not provide a value of accuracy limits for this solution. (ex. +/- error values)
- These reagents WILL be as accurate as calibration values input, we recommend you use the values you trust the most when performing manual testing.
- “Tank Water Method”: Perform manual tests of your tank water using your trusted test kits. Then calibrate using those values and your tank water!
- Use calibration solution from another source/vendor of your preference
- Ultimately, you may use any water source with values you determine are accurate to your liking (aka: you have a tank full of calibration solution!)
If your package contents were damaged upon receipt, please contact us immediately via email and provide your order # along with pictures and we will attempt to resolve as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com